Pride and Prejudice, Atonement, The Duchess, Bend It Like Beckham, Love Actually, Pirates of the Caribbean … you must be wondering why I’m uttering movie names one after another. Have I gone crazy? Am I lunatic? No, you fool! I was just trying to list down some of the major hits by Keira Knightly. Working both in American and British film industries she was nominated multiple times for the golden globe, British Academy and academy awards.
Life and Background
Born in a decent family, Keira joined the theaters at a very young age. Besides being an actor, do you know any of the unknown facts about the Elizabeth Swann actor? Well, at the age of 6, she was taken to a doctor for treating dyslexia and ADHD. She had a keen focus on art, history and English literature while she was at college. Before finishing her graduation she left studies and wholeheartedly set her mind to be a full-time actor.
Despite the wordings of the critics, Keira kept on surprising her audience with mind-blowing performances one after another. Here are her best works:
- The Imitation Game – this is a historical biopic of Turing. The film denotes the period of Turing’s life from his school days to the making of his revolutionary electro-mechanical bombe.
- Begin Again – through this film we as the audience come to know that Keira has some signing talents too.
- Pirates of the Caribbean – Pirates of the Caribbean Keira is a totally different person altogether. Both Keira and Johnny Depp did wonders in the movie.
- Anna Karenina – the Joe-Knightly duo made this their third production. It is an adaptation of Tolstoy’s novel of the same name. Knightly very well portrays the tragic heroine.
- Never Let Me Go – the film revolves around three friends, among which one is Knightly. They complete schooling and see that their lives are getting entangled in triangular affairs.