Speaking of the most thrilling American drama film will surely bring the Shawshank Redemption straight into the limelight. Written and directed by Frank Darabont, this film broke all records and was known as the biggest hit of the 90’s.
Are you a Shawshank Redemption Fan? If yes then get ready to know the top 15 amazing facts about the Shawshank Redemption. So, let’s get started!
Discover the top 15 facts about the Shawshank Redemption
- Andy and Red had an opening chat in the prison. Red took 9 hours to pitch a baseball and Morgan Freeman took 9 hours to pitch that same ball. Next day, he came for work with a sling arm altogether.
- This film was an adaptation of Stephen King’s short story Rita Hayworth and Shawshank redemption itself. Later, Rob Reiner directed the latter part in which he failed to do same with Shawshank.
- Two Women have speaking roles in this film, where one female complains about Brook’s skills and the other one assists Andy in a bank.
- This film’s title was released with the name Walls of Hope in Israel. The reason is that the cell was used for Escape from the Alcatraz several years before.
- Stroh’s was a beer brand named as Red and gang drank all of it during the day when Andy got them off on a work duty.
- Tom Hanks rejected the role of Andy Dufresne because he already took up Forrest Gump which was definitely one of his biggest hits so far.
- In Taiwan, the film was released in the year 1995 instead of 1994.
- Multiple Viewings of Goodfellas was credited by Darabont as an inspiration for utilizing narration for depicting the passage of time.
- Attached to parole papers, the mugshot of young Red was the photo of Morgan Freeman’s son Alfonso.
- The Role of Tommy Williams which was portrayed by Gil Bellows was originally given to Brad Pitt. But he has his commitments for the film, Interview with the Vampire.
- It was never stated in the film that Brooks was in prison for murdering his wife and daughter after losing a game in poker.
- Such thing was surely a way to throw spoiler on the damn title.
- Marlboros and the Warden Norton made an offering such as the doomed Tommy which was historically inaccurate because they had the surgeon’s security warning.
- The song which Andy plays with the help of prison’s loudspeakers is known as “Canzonetta Sull’aria”. Mozart composed it and it was surely a big blockbuster.
Does it make interesting for you to discover these little secrets about the film that you love, and has been loving for decades now? The Shawshank Redemption is indeed special and has a strong message that helps us in believing that there is never an end to “Hope”.